The British 60 pounder
The 60 pounder was first designed in 1904.
By 1918, 1000 had been made for the British Army.
It was so successful as an artillery weapon, it was still being used in 1944.
It was built by the Elswick Ordnance Company.
Twelve horses were needed to move it.
It had a 5 inches (12.7 cms) calibre.
It weighed four tons (4,470 kg)
It had a range of
11,611 meters and fired a 60 pound shell.